|COLONEL WILLIAM G. ELDRIDGE|
Col. William G. Eldridge is the commander of the 28th Operations Group, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D. He commands the largest operational B-1 group in the U.S. Air Force with one operational support squadron and two B-1 bomb squadrons. Colonel Eldridge maintains the combat readiness of the 28th Bomb Wing bomber force for a multitude of worldwide and deterrent roles.
Colonel Eldridge received his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1990. He has served as a B-1 instructor pilot, a B-2 instructor pilot, and an air campaign strategist for USAFCENT. Colonel Eldridge's operational experience includes a 40-hour combat mission in the opening days of Operation Enduring Freedom and a tour in the Strategy Division of the Combined Air Operations Center in Southwest Asia in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. At Whiteman AFB, Mo., he served as a squadron maintenance officer, as the director of operations for the 393rd Bomb Squadron and as the commander of the 13th Bomb Squadron. Prior to assuming command of the 28 OG, Colonel Eldridge was assigned to the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington
Colonel Eldridge is a command pilot with more than 3,500 hours in the B-2, B-1, T-38 and T-37.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1997 Squadron Officers School (Resident), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Master of Business Administration, Webster University, Mo.
2002 Air Command and Staff College (Non-resident), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Military Arts and Sciences, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2004 Master of Air and Space Power Art and Science, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Air War College (Non-resident), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. July 1990 - July 1991, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
2. October 1991- March 1992, B-1 Student, 338th Combat Crew Training Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
3. March 1992 - June 1994, B-1/T-38 Pilot, 46th Bomb Squadron, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
4. June 1994 - September 1996, B-1 Aircraft Commander, 34th Bomb Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
5. September 1996 - September 1998, B-1 Instructor/Evaluator, 34th Bomb Squadron, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
6. September 1998 - November 1999, B-2 Student, 394th Combat Training Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
7. December 1999 - November 2000, B-2 Pilot, 393rd Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
8. November 2000 - October 2001, B-2 Instructor, 394th Combat Training Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
9. October 2001 - June 2002, B-2 Instructor/ Maintenance Officer, 393rd Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
10. June 2002 - June 2003, Student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
11. June 2003 - June 2004, Student, School of Advanced Air and Space Studies, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. June 2004 - May 2005, Chief of Air Campaign Strategy, 609th Combat Plans Squadron, USCENTAF, Shaw AFB, S.C.
13. June 2005 - June 2006, Director of Operations, 393rd Bomb Squadron,
Whiteman AFB, Mo.
14. June 2006 - June 2008, Commander, 13th Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
15. June 2008 - July 2009, Senior Development Education Student, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington D.C.
16. July 2009 - Present, commander, 28th Operations Group, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
Rating Command Pilot
Flight Hours 3,500
Aircraft Flown B-2, B-1, T-38, T-37
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1990
First Lieutenant May 30, 1992
Captain May 30, 1994
Major May 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2005
Colonel October 1, 2008
(Current as of July 2009)