Chief Master Sergeant Jason K. Trickey is the acting Command Chief, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota. Chief Trickey leads the wing's enlisted force and serves as the primary advisor to the commander on matters concerning the morale, welfare, war-fighting effectiveness, operational utilization and professional development for more than 3,100 enlisted Airmen who support the largest B-1 combat wing in the U.S. Air Force.
2003 Airman Leadership School, Beale AFB, Calif.
2007 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2009 Associates Degree in Applied Science, Airway Science, CCAF
2010 Bachelor of Science, Air Traffic Management, Thomas Edison State University
2011 Professional Managers Certification, CCAF
2011 Senior Enlisted Joint PME I Course, National Defense University
2014 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint PME II Course, National Defense University
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. June 1999 – July 1999, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1999 – November 1999, Student, Technical Training School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. November 1999 – June 2001, Air Traffic Controller, 314th Operations Support Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
4. June 2001 – September 2003, ATC Watch Supervisor, 9th Operations Support Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
(June 2002 – November 2002, ATC Liaison Officer, 405th Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron, Southwest Asia)
5. November 2003 – November 2004, ATC Watch Supervisor, 51st Operations Support Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
6. November 2004 – August 2007, ATC Watch Supervisor, 80th Operations Support Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
7. August 2007 – August 2011, Assistant Chief Controller, 36th Operations Support Squadron, Andersen AFB, Guam
(June 2010 – December 2010, Assistant Chief Controller, 407th Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron,
8. August 2011 – January 2015, Chief Controller, 71st Operations Support Squadron, Vance AFB, Okla.
(May 2013 – January 2014, Superintendent, 386th Expeditionary Operations Support Squadron, Southwest Asia)
9. January 2015 – January 2016, Chief Controller, 51st Operations Support Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
10. January 2016 – March 2017, Superintendent, 51st Operations Support Squadron, Osan AB, South Korea
11. March 2017 – June 2017, Interim Group Superintendent, 51st Operations Group, Osan AB, South Korea
12. June 2017 – September 2018, Superintendent, 28th Operations Support Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
13. September 2018 – Present, Superintendent, 28th Operations Group, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Outstanding Airman of the Year Ribbon
2002 9th Operations Group Airman of the Year
2002 9th Reconnaissance Wing Air Traffic Controller of the Year
2006 80th Operations Support Squadron NCO of the Year
2006 80th Flying Training Wing ATC Watch Supervisor of the Year
2007 Commandant’s Award for Leadership, Gaylor NCOA
2008 36th Wing ATC Watch Supervisor of the Year
2009 36th Wing ATC Watch Supervisor of the Year
2010 36th Operations Group NCO of the Year
2011 36th Operations Group Lance P. Sijan Junior Enlisted Leadership Award
2012 71st Flying Training Wing SNCO of the Year
2013 71st Flying Training Wing ATC Manager of the Year
2013 71st Flying Training Wing Lance P. Sijan Senior Enlisted Leadership Award
2013 71st Flying Training Wing SNCO of the Year
2013 Air Force Association Oklahoma State SNCO of the Year
2014 Distinguished Graduate, USAF SNCO Academy
2014 AETC Outstanding Airman of the Year
2014 AETC Lance P. Sijan Senior Enlisted Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic June 9, 1999
Airman First Class July 23, 1999
Senior Airman Nov. 23, 2001
Staff Sergeant July 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2006
Master Sergeant Nov. 1, 2011
Senior Master Sergeant March 1, 2015
Chief Master Sergeant December 1, 2017
(Current as of September 2018)