Chief Master Sergeant Rochelle M. Hemingway is the Command Chief, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota. Chief Hemingway leads the wing’s enlisted force and serves as the primary advisor to the commander on all matters concerning the morale, welfare, warfighting effectiveness, operational utilization and professional development of nearly 3,200 enlisted Airmen who support the largest B-1 combat wing in the U.S. Air Force.
Born at RAF Lakenheath, England, and raised in Kokomo, Indiana, Chief Hemingway entered the Air Force in August 1991. After completing basic training she began her career as a medical service technician. In 1999, she graduated from the Independent Duty Medical Technician (IDMT) program and deployed in support of various humanitarian missions in Jamaica, Curacao, Vietnam, Africa and Southwest Asia. Prior to assuming her current position, Chief Hemingway served as the superintendent, 56th Medical Group, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona.
1991 Medical Service Specialist Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
1996 Airman Leadership School, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
1999 Independent Duty Medical Technician Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kadena Air Base, Japan
2006 Associate of Applied Science Degree in allied health sciences, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2008 First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2012 Associate of Applied Science Degree in human resource management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2013 Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Sciences, Trident University, Cypress, Calif.
2014 Air Force Inspector General Training Course, Leesburg, Va.
2016 Air Education and Training Command Chief Orientation Course, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2016 Combined Senior Leadership Course, Falls Church, Va.
2016 Intermediate Executive Skills Course, Joint Base San Antonio, Texas
2017 Air Force Medical Home Course, Luke Air Force Base, Ariz.
2017 Chief Leadership Orientation Course, Montgomery, Ala.
2018 Senior Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex Ala.
2018 Command Chief Orientation Course, Andrews Air Force Base, Md
1. August 1991 – September 1991, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base Texas
2. September 1991 – December 1991, Student, Medical Service Specialist Course, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
3. January 1992 – July 1992, Clinical Services Student, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
4. July 1992 – February 1994, Medical Technician, Family Health Clinic, Pediatrics Clinic and Obstetrics/Gynecology Clinic, 341st Medical Group, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Montana
5. February 1994 – February 1995, Medical Technician, Emergency Department, 8th Medical Operations Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
6. February 1995 – June 1997, Medical Technician, Obstetrics/Gynecology Clinic, 39th Medical Operations Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
7. June 1997 – June 1999, Medical Technician, Pediatrics Clinic, Multi-Specialty Unit and Labor and Delivery, 52nd Medical Operations Squadron, Bitburg Air Base, Germany
8. June 1999 – September 2001, Independent Duty Medical Technician, Primary Care Team, 5th Medical Operations Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota
9. September 2001 – October 2006, Independent Duty Medical Technician, Shift Leader, Emergency Services; NCOIC, Internal Medicine Clinic; NCOIC, Family Practice Clinic, 374th Medical Operations Squadron, Yokota Air Base, Japan
10. October 2006 – August 2008, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Flight Chief, Family Medicine Residency Clinic, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
11. August 2008 – October 2010, First Sergeant, 763rd Maintenance Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
12. February 2010 – October 2012, First Sergeant, 99th Civil Engineer Squadron, Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada
13. October 2012 — May 2013, Flight Chief, Pediatrics Clinic, 663rd Medical Operations Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis Hampton, Virginia
14. May 2013 – May 2014, Superintendent, Medical Operations Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Hampton, Virginia
15. May 2014 – August 2015, Self-Assessment Program Manager and Management Internal Control Toolset Administrator, 633rd Air Base Wing Inspector General Team, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Hampton, Virginia
16. August 2015 – January 2018, Superintendent, 56th Medical Operations Squadron, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
17. July 2018 – February 2019, Superintendent, 56th Medical Group, Luke Air Force Base, Arizona
18. March 2019 – Present, Command Chief, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one bronze oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with one silver and four bronze oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Southwest Asia Service Medal with one bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 1, 2016
(Current as of June 2019)