CMSgt. Justin Robert Deisch is the Command Chief, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota. Chief Deisch leads the wing’s enlisted force and serves as the primary advisor to the commander on all matters concerning the morale, welfare, warfighting effectiveness, operational utilization and professional development of nearly 3,200 enlisted Airmen who support the largest B-1 combat wing in the U.S. Air Force.
Chief Deisch grew up in Goshen, Ohio, and entered the Air Force in October 1995 as an Electro-Mechanical Technician. He has held various positions in support of both the Air Launch Cruise and Minuteman III Missile mission sets from technician to squadron superintendent. In addition to his time served in Air Combat Command, Air Force Global Strike Command, Air Force Space Command, and U.S. Air Forces Europe, Chief Deisch has served to instruct the next generation of missile maintainers in Air Education and Training Command and worked to integrate guidance, policy and sustainment through aggressive oversight in Air Force Mobility Command.
Prior to his current assignment, Chief Deisch served as the Superintendent of the 65th Air Base Group, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal. He provided strategic leadership and direction for the group’s 1,148 personnel spanning 57 specialties who enable expeditionary aircraft movement and provide specialized global communications at both Lajes Field and Morón Air Base. In that role he advised the group commander and the command chief on readiness, training, and utilization to build Airmen who are ready to project power and support partnerships.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
2003 Associate in Applied Science, Electronics Systems, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Bachelor of Science, Aeronautics, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU)
2005 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology, CCAF
2006 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2007 SpaceTec Aerospace Technician Certification, CCAF
2008 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2010 USAF Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Victim Advocate Certification, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (correspondence course)
2010 Bystander Intervention Training Instructor Certification, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Course, Gunter Annex Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Professional Manager Certification, CCAF
2015 Masters of Applied Science, Aeronautical Science, ERAU
2016 Green Dot Facilitator Instructional Certification, Offutt AFB, Neb,
2017 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Gunter Annex Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Leadership Course, Andrews AFB, Md.
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course II
2020 Nuclear Weapons Orientation Course, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
2020 Theater Nuclear Operations Course, Defense Threat Reduction Agency
1. July 1996 – August 2001, Team Chief, 341st Missile Maintenance Squadron, Malmstrom Air Force Base, Mont.
2. August 2001 – August 2004, Bay Chief, Team Chief, 2nd Munitions Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. August 2004 – August 2008, NCO In Charge, Instructor Supervisor, 532nd Training Squadron Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
4. September 2008 – August 2009, NCOIC, Team Training Section, 576th Flight Test Squadron Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
5. September 2009 – July 2013, Manager, Nuclear Missile Maintenance, AFMC/A10, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
6. July 2013 – December 2015, Flight Chief, 705th Munitions Squadron Minot AFB, N.D.
7. December 2015 – April 2016, Superintendent Quality Assurance, 91st Maintenance Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
8. April 2016 – February 2017, Superintendent, 91st Missile Maintenance Squadron Minot AFB, N.D.
9. February 2017 – July 2018, Chief Enlisted Manager, 705th Munitions Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
10. July 2018 – July 2019, Functional Area Manager, AFGSC/A4, Barksdale AFB, La.
11. August 2019 – June 2020, Integrated Maintenance Facility Superintendent, 2nd Munitions Squadron, Barksdale AFB, La.
12. July 2020 – June 2021, Group Superintendent, 65th Air Base Group, Lajes Field, Azores, Portugal
13. June 2021 – Present, Command Chief, 28th Bomb Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Recognition Ribbon
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
2015 USAF Captain Lance P. Sijan Award Winner for Leadership (SNCO Category)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Sept. 1, 2016
Senior Master Sergeant July 1, 2013
Master Sergeant July 1, 2008
Technical Sergeant July 1, 2005
Staff Sergeant Nov. 1, 2001
Senior Airman Oct. 18, 1998
Airman First Class Feb. 18, 1997
Airman April 18, 1996
Airman Basic Oct. 18, 1995
(Current as of June 2021)