Welcome to the Ellsworth Air Force Base Chapel Community -- We are proud to serve alongside you whether here at home or at a deployed location. We minister to military members and their families, of all faiths. We invite you to explore the many chapel programs that promote spiritual growth and fulfillment. Our mission is to model, teach, and cultivate faith and values.
We look forward to meeting and serving you.
~ Your Chapel Team
Roman Catholic: Sunday Catholic Mass
9:30 a.m. at the Black Hills Chapel
Catholic Religious Education
Sundays, 11 a.m. through 12:15 p.m. at the Chapel Activity Center
Catholic Calendar: Daily Mass: Monday through Thursday at 11:30 a.m. at the Black Hills Chapel
Sunday Protestant Services:
Community Service (contemporary worship) 9 a.m. at the Freedom Chapel
AWANA (Sept. through May):
Wednesday 6 p.m. at the Chapel Activities Center
"The Journey" Gospel Service 11 a.m. at the Freedom Chapel
For more information, call the base chapel office at (605) 385-1598
Monthly Chapel Events
Chapel Prayer Breakfast · Program runs Sept. through May
· Second Thursday of each month
· 6:30 a.m. in the Freedom Chapel Annex
· All base personnel are invited
Baptisms and Marriage
· Infant and adult baptisms are arranged with chaplains on an individual basis and are conducted within his or her denominational guidelines.
· Weddings are arranged in consultation with a chaplain and are conducted after fulfilling requirements for pre-marriage counseling. Contact the Chapel at least three months in advance of your desired date before making any arrangements.
Protestant Singles of the Chapel
· A warm environment where spiritual growth occurs through personal relationships, education, and outreach.
· Contact Doyle Spader (605-787-6846)
Protestant Women of the Chapel · Bible Study and Fellowship
· Special service projects
Protestant Men of the Chapel · Activities focus on Spirituality, Education, Social Services, and Recreational fellowship.
· PMOC sponsors monthly prayer breakfast for all base personnel
Mothers of Preschoolers Community and fellowship activities and service projects. Contact the chapel staff at (605) 385-1598 for more information.
Other Faith Opportunities
The Multi-Tradition Pagan Group Meeting takes place every first and third Tuesday of the month from 6 to 7 p.m., at the Chapel Activity Center.
The Ellsworth community has a pagan group that is open to all pagan traditions (Wicca, Druid, Shaman, Asatru, Odinism, etc).
Their practice involves group discussion, workshops, ritual, and fellowship.
For more information contact Senior Airman Adam Lewis at email@example.com or call the chapel staff at 385-1598 for more information.
For information on local Jewish, Muslim, or Eastern Orthodox services or any other Faith Groups, please call the chapel at (605) 385-1598.
To see a Chaplain
If you need a Chaplain during duty hours, call 385-1598. After duty hours, weekends, or holidays call the Command Post at 385-3800 and ask for the Duty Chaplain.
Weston Walker, Lt. Col. | Church of Christ (Wing Chaplain) David Knight, Maj. | United Methodist (Deputy Wing Chaplain) Karlton Edison, Capt. | United Pentecostal Church International Thomas Foley, Capt. | Roman Catholic Priest
John McIntosh, Tech. Sgt. | NCOIC, Chapel Operations Sheldon Milligan, Tech. Sgt. | NCOIC, Readiness and Training Flavin, Christopher, Staff Sgt. | NCOIC, Chapel Resources Olson, Shannon, Staff Sgt. | NCOIC, Plans and Programs
Baptisms and Marriage
· Baptisms are celebrated on an individual basis with required baptism formation classes conducted as needed. Parents who wish to have their child baptized must attend.
· Couples wishing to be married in the Catholic Church are required to complete their marriage preparation with the priest, conducted on an individual basis. Contact the chapel six months prior to the wedding date.
Catholic Youth of the Chapel provides high school students monthly socials activities.
Catholic Women of the Chapel provides monthly women's fellowship and study.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) · The Formal process by which non-baptized adults are received into the RC Church.
· Sessions run Fall until Easter.
· Candidates are referred to the local diocese for formal instruction and have mentors.
Lay Minister Opportunities
· Lay Eucharistic Ministers
· Altar Servers
· Musicians, Choir Members
Both Protestant and Roman Catholic parishes have coordinating/advisory groups that provide participants opportunities to assume leadership roles and offer a voice in the direction of the base chapel programs. Meetings are held monthly - we welcome your comments and suggestions!
Programs run September through April at the Chapel Activities Center
Protestant: 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
· Sunday School Ages 3 - Adult
· Children's Church at worship services
· Weekly Bible Studies
For more information, contact the RE Coordinator (385-1598)
Roman Catholic: 11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. · CCD 4-year-olds through High School
For more information, contact the RE Coordinator (385-1670)
Chapel Resource Center
With the best Chapel Library in the Air Force, the Chapel Resource Center provides interfaith materials for encouraging spiritual growth in the Ellsworth AFB community.
· More than 5,000 books, 700 video tapes, 200 audio tapes.
· Monthly children's reading enrichment program.
· Opportunities for volunteers to learn the workings of a library.
Check out the Ellsworth Chapel on Facebook for information on Catholic and Protestant programs.
The Higher Grounds is available free to all dorm residents. It's located upstairs of Building 3602 (Above the Bone Yard). For more information, contact Chaplain Foley at 385-1598.